Our client is a leading international principal contractor, who are a major player in the construction industry and stand out by its on-going consistent ability to successfully deliver projects to the highest standards. With a current turnover in excess of £1.5 billion they have proudly been entrusted to run some of the major UK projects in the past year.
Their technical division, which, in the UK, predominantly focuses on complex Science and Health projects, has experienced substantial growth due to a number of successfully delivered high-profile projects, repeat clients and a bespoke-led offering.
Projects typically range from £5m to £200m+ and are mostly London based. However, due to the long-term expansion plans of the business and wider industry, projects are also being undertaken in the other areas of the ‘Golden Triangle’, i.e. Cambridge and Oxford.
- Healthcare Organisation
Works: Heavy cut and carve refurbishment – producing state of the art labs and office space
Project value: £20m+
Size: 130,000 sq ft +
Programme: 52 weeks
- University College
Works: New build RC frame development, with complex services infrastructure and glass façade
Project value: £85m+
Size: 200,000 sq ft +
Programme: 2 ½ years
Due to an increase in workload, they are currently looking for an experienced Design Manager with a demonstrable track record.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working on developments over £20m+
- Have experience of working on healthcare, hospitals or laboratories
- Have experience of working on 2 stage Design and Build contracts
- Have experience of working for a main contractor
- Be able to effectively contribute from stage 3+ drawings onwards
The ideal candidate would also (not mandatory):
- Be conveniently located for projects across all corners of the Golden Triangle
- Have experience of working on the design of complex RC frame projects
- Have experience of working on all stages of the design process
IN RETURN THEY OFFER
As well as a competitive salary and very well-rounded benefits package, our client also has a great history of encouraging internal progression and offers a chance to deliver prestige projects for internationally recognised clients.
They are renowned for having fantastic job satisfaction and excellent employee performance.