The role of the Contracts Manager is to take responsibility for all aspects of projects from Pre-Construction tendering opportunities through to Practical Completion, delivery of secured Projects and Client Aftercare. This requires a “hands on” approach to the work, extensive previous experience and strong man management skills.
The key responsibilities are:
- Effectively lead, motivate and continually develop the Operational activities to assist the business in achieving the company objectives and strategies
- Work closely with the board directors to collectively, monitor performance within the business as a whole establishing ethical standards that reflect the businesses expectations.
- In conjunction with our Preconstruction Director, control of our Technical Tender submission for projects, addressing the following aspects; - Design, Programming, Construction Sequencing and Methodology, Site Logistics, Key Considerations, Management/Resources, Overall Management, Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Environment, ensuring that all projects achieve the build quality constraints and contributing to ensure that commercial margins as set are achieved.
- Attendance at Client meetings, including: - Introduction, Expression of Interest/ Pre-Qualification, Mid Bid Tender/Tender Review, Contractual/ Commercial/Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Take a leadership role in establishing and developing the company’s culture and values.
- Provide positive mentoring and management to all staff
- Through the relevant line managers ensure that all of our sites reflect an efficient, safe and professional organisation
- Develop client relationships and enhance progressive growth with clients and further business opportunities
- Development and broaden the existing workforce to strengthen the Operations department to assist our strategic growth plans.
- Recruit, lead, develop and motivate all staff under direct control ensuring development through coaching, recruitment and retention of the best and most appropriate staff, increasing positivity and ensuring the sites are creative and dynamic.
- Ensure all operational staff receive relevant, personal internal and external training to allow them to meet their career goals.
- Maintain commercial awareness of the company’s financial position at all times.
- Involvement, as required, with contractual conflicts and claims.
- Ensure policies and procedures are utilised and adhered to.
- To engender a team spirit including integration with all in house departments.
- Have an overview and input in the company’s marketing and business development and keep a close link to the estimating department, in particular tender levels, to ensure the company continues to win work at the correct margins to deliver profitability to the business.
- Ensure all staff and/ or individuals working under the control of the company are aware of Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and that they are appropriately trained.
- Ensure the compliance of Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures in respect of Regulation/ Legislation.
- Review of the suppliers and Sub-contractors within the Supply Chain in Respect of the following: -
- Suitability for placement of order
- Work in progress
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Quality Assurance
- Training/ CSCS
The above duties are reflective of key issues assigned to this position but should not be considered exhaustive