The Construction Manager is responsible on site for assisting the Project Manager with all construction and progress issues, and reports to the Project Manager.
£65 Million - Rosecourt
12 story Refurbishment
9 story extension
2 story roof extension (Lightweight steel)
£5m structural & Concrete
£1m Demoltion - which is nearly finished currently
During the proposal stage, the Construction Manager assists the Project Manager/Executive in preparing the detailed methodology, logistics and traffic management plans, if requested by the Project Manager.
The Construction Manager becomes more involved in the planning and procurement processes:
Advises on buildability and product selection.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the delivery of the timeliness and quality of the project. At the start of the Construction phase, the Construction Manager:
- Establishes site security procedures and restricts access to site and plant, organises maintenance of all plant on site, arranges for erection of site signage, general branding and maintenance of site standards.
- Organises on site facilities for Trade Contractors, i.e. access, welfare, storage space, basic equipment.
- Assists the Project Manager with the construction process and management of all Trade Contractors.
- Maintains trade contract performance, attends regular progress meetings with Trade Contractors, including tool box talks, reviews progress of design, manufacture and installation.
- Organises StructureTone’s move off site.
- Assist the Project Manager in the implementation of the CP SHE Plan.
- Health & Safety management on site.
The Construction Manager deals with any defects reported by the Client during the defects period in a timely manner.
Skills and experience
- Ideally would have a construction related degree or NVQ level 6 / 7 and / or MCIOB
- Infrastructure experience
- RC Frame experience
- Will need to have worked on jobs £30 m turnover per year jobs
- Cladding experience
- Internals experience would be beneficial (Dry Lining,Carpentry Etc)