Our client is one of the top 10 Market Leaders in High Spec Fit Out and Refurbishment delivering projects ranging from £1 - £25 million. They have been established for over 15 years and have an impressive turnover in excess of £180 million, they hold a client base of iconic brands including Amazon, Selfridges, Coca-Cola and Google to name a few.
They now seek a Commercial Manager to be responsible for projects won in the M3 / M4 Corridor (fit out and refurbishment, project values £5 million - £65 million. As CM you will be reporting directly into the Commercial Director and Managing Director, as well as managing a team of Surveyors.
You will be overseeing multiple projects across the M3/M4 and adopting a work-winning focus to support the continued success and drive of the company.
Moreover, key duties will include managing and developing commercial staffs on a variety of projects, managing major sub-contractors and ensuring projects are successfully delivered with set timescales and budget.
• Reporting directly to the Commercial Director with responsibility for overseeing several projects.
• Managing, leading and developing a team of Commercial and Accounting Staff to fulfil their potential and standards required
• Preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports, KPIs and forecasts as well as producing monthly financial reports to the Leadership structure
• Conducting other tasks such as managing / pricing variations, tender analysis / negotiation and letting of contract works
• Delivered savings to the project through identification and challenge of the design
• Managing and developing Commercial Staff for each project as well as ensuring project is successfully delivered within set timescales and budget
• Preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports and forecasts as well as delivering and producing monthly financial reports to the Directors
• Preparing tender enquiries and tender lists together with scopes of work for the procurement of the subcontract packages
• Liaising extensively with the client and making applications for payment and managing / pricing variations
• Managing major sub-contractors ensuring satisfaction of all specifications, deadlines and successful account negotiations.
• Experience delivering multiple projects at one time
• Desire and ability to operate a cost centre at circa £70 million
• Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience with top 10 contractor - preferable
• Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
• Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
• Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to lead / work as part of a team and used to working to own initiative
• Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
• Strong management style
• Highly ambitious and compelled