Our client is a specialist interior fit out and refurbishment contractor in the Commercial Offices, Hotels, Leisure, Retail and Luxury Residential sectors, priding themselves on their ability to provide a truly unique, personalised service with dedicated Director / Owner involvement, fostering their belief in a ‘Client for Life’ philosophy.
5,000 sq ft
JCT D&B 2011
The creation of a new mezzanine level to form an extension to an existing restaurant area. The space was to be completely stripped and fully fitted out to a more modern specification and aesthetic.
- New Restaurant, Bar, Lift shaft & Lifts
- Extensive structural works to create the new mezzanine level & restaurant bar
- New roof to encapsulate the space which had significant builders work in connection
- New counters, fretwork timber screens and bespoke furniture pieces
- Undertaken whilst the hotel remained fully operational.
JCT D&B 2011
- Demolition of existing partitions for extensions and reconfiguration of new and existing space
- New foundations and associated groundworks to facilitate the formation of an extension to an existing mezzanine level
- Enlargement of the existing loading bay
- All associated Mechanical & Electrical works to facilitate these alterations, specifically, the formation of a new plant room for the mechanical plant to serve the V&A and remaining spaces
JCT D&B 2016
72,000 sq ft
- Demolition & enabling works
- Below ground drainage & site-works
- Temp connections
- Internal finishes, walls, ceilings, doors, flooring (shell & core and fit-out)
- FFE (shell & core)
- Toilet cores fit-out
- Roof, envelope, shell
- Circulation spaces lifts/stairs & lift installations
- Mechanical & electrical (shell & core & fit-out)
- Cladding, external walls, windows, curtain walling and external doors
- Utility connections
The business now has 3 Commercial Leads and they are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor or existing commercial Manager with refurbishment and fit out experience to run the 4th team whilst helping the Director in board reporting and CVR interrogation across the business.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Proven track record in delivering commercial refurbishment and fit out projects
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading fit out and refurbishment contractor who are genuinely making themselves standout from the competition. You will have the opportunity to work with a competent senior commercial management team and a board of directors with a reputable name within the construction sector.