Our client requires
A dynamic and experienced Commercial Director to work closely with our directors and senior management on all aspects of the commercial delivery of our projects. This is a very important appointment for the business and a significant step towards strengthening the company at director level. We envisage this person will have a minimum of 15-20 years experience in the industry, working across all sectors of our industry and experienced in leading teams of 20+ surveyors with all the responsibilities that come with managing a team of this size.
- Joining client/ consultant meetings to discuss and review new opportunities
- Being the leader of the QS teams, being the driver and catalyst for effective commercial management of projects
- A key point of contact with the Client team on tenders, when appropriate
- Providing input to establishing winning work strategies; focusing on risk and commercial position
- Monitoring the procurement programme for each 2-stage tender including the timely input of other members of the team
- Overseeing commercial resource allocation, staff development and appraisals.
- Engaging with the supply chain building strong and long standing relationships.
- Focus on improving commercial control tools and reporting procedures.
- Develop and improve commercial best practice.
- Chair commercial aspects of monthly project reviews and chair quarterly cost reports.
- Managing external relationships with clients and consultants.
- Oversee commercial graduate training.
- Assist HR with the development of commercial training and development plan.
- Approachable, clear communicator, strong leader.
- Maintain a close contact with all projects and commercial teams.
The candidate requirements
- Different forms of contract
- Different procurement routes
- Building knowledge and strong technical skills with a real interest in detail from substructure to envelope
- Fit out knowledge including M&E
- Understand programming and sequence
- The design process from consultant design through to signed off working drawings from the supply chain
- Knowledge of the implications of typical aspects such as party wall agreements, planning
- Experience of range of commercial issues; insolvency, claims, insurance etc
Understand different forms of commercial reporting.