Our client is a leading global commercial fit out contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation of being in the top tier of fit out contractors with a turnover of circa £120m. Around 80% of their portfolio originates from existing clients who include global corporations, financial and educational institutions, those requiring workplace mission critical data centres, retailers and hoteliers.
Some of our client’s most prestigious projects are listed below:
- J.P Morgan
Project Type: JCT D&B
Size: 450,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: 64 weeks
- Latham & Watkins LLP
Project Type: Traditional
Size: 72,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: Multiple Phases
- 51 Lime Street
Project Type: JCT D&B
Size: 370,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: 24 weeks
In collaboration with their clients and consultants, everything they create is built with personality and care. That’s our client’s intention: high-quality work provided by a team of engaged professionals, delivered defect free and on time.
Today, the business has the capacity, resource and structure to successfully deliver projects from £500,000 - £100m and have completed some of the most prestigious and challenging fit out and cut and carve projects in central London. The business is expanding and there is ample room to develop and progress your career with internal promotion being a key factor of the business plan. They have a high staff retention ratio based on this model.
Delivered through three operational units the business plan sees them double in size in three years. Those units are Core Projects, Major Projects, Mission Critical and R&D. Those units operate below the Executive Team and share key services including preconstruction, design management and SHEQ.
Our client is looking to take on a Commercial Lead on a permanent basis to oversee a 5-strong commercial team and manage a framework of £45million. Former/current projects included in our client’s portfolio encompass 1 Fenchurch Court, 3 floors at 100 Bishop Gate (£9million) and Dover Street (£8.5million). The client is looking to double their profit within 2 years; therefore, this will be a role that will entice individuals that are driven, willing to succeed and motivated to drive others and share in the success of a trailblazing construction firm.
The perfect candidate will be able to;
- Be commercially astute, maximising profit
- Have experience in Design and Build, Detail and Build alongside traditional build
- Possess strong leadership qualities and have experience with leading teams of at least 3 historically
- Understand and navigate the logistical issues that accompany commercial office fitouts
- Be able to demonstrate ample experience of working on fit-out projects
- Drive the commercial team to new frontiers of success, ensuring financial gains but not at the expense of the construction detail and quality of finish
- Ensure cash flow
- Have an exceptional eye for detail, allowing for the estimating and surveying team to adhere to prospective clients demands, but not sacrificing commercial reward