Our client is one of the leading office design and build companies, providing complete workplace consultancy, from a single office relocation, design and fit-out, to workspace planning, refurbishment and interior branding on a global scale. they craft bespoke and sustainable workspaces and our proudest moments are seeing their first reaction when the doors open to their new offices.
The Business Development Executive position will support the team by sourcing and qualifying profitable and winnable business opportunities.
Sitting within the South team and the wider Group Business Development team, this role will help to sustain the growth and development of the business through generating high quality new leads, identifying business opportunities through methodical and systematic research, and qualifying this information using any appropriate method of validation.
The candidate will have the opportunity, and is encouraged, to work directly with the senior team with regard to the development of these business opportunities.
In order to effectively generate new opportunities and first appointments, the BD Executive must:
- Support the senior team by working with the information on our database, as well as external lead sources, to make
introductory / factfinding calls and book appointments with key decision makers
- Follow up leads brought in by networking activity
- Identify opportunities which are desirable and winnable for our business. Working both from current market leads and generating fresh prospects by sustained campaigns with our senior professionals and marketing team.
- Understand the business model and the services we offer - Undertake research on target companies
- Support colleagues by ensuring information is up to date in the CRM database – raising follow up actions where appropriate
- Promote the Company’s business services, capabilities and reputation in the market
- Use initiative to try new and varied approaches
- Ensure the brand and service offer is always accurately, positively and professionally conveyed to potential clients
Previous experience in a similar role would be a huge plus; if not, some sales experience required - Analytical and research focused; attention to detail - Excellent communicator, both verbal and written; proven ability to build rapport and be engaging - Proactive and self-motivated approach - Collaborative and positive; able to contribute to team goals, share information and enable others - Tenacious and passionate about working on the front line of the business - Competent user of MS Office suite; CRM database experience would be beneficial