Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
Established only 9 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and are on target to achieve a profitable turnover for 2019, and this will be coupled with a bulletproof balance sheet. The business is spearheaded by two directors with over 20 years’ experience each within the London commercial fit out market and can boast an enviable list of notable projects within City and West End landmark buildings.
Our client is currently in the process of writing the process for the ‘project closeout plan’ in partnership with BSRIA which is an agreed strategy by which a project will be completed, fully commissioned, handed over and occupied.
The Building Services Design Manager duties will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- The chance to join a dynamic team and be able to align themselves with the core values of the business – integrity, proactivity, ingenuity and of course, exceptional standards.
- The opportunity to take responsibility in co-ordinating the running of the MEP services on 2 to 3 exciting projects.
- The opportunity to stamp their own personality on the role, in a vibrant and exciting environment which promotes high standards in conjunction with BSRIA.
- Experience in the design process, understanding and documenting specific client requirements and work with inhouse design team to evolve a design.
- Experience running 2 to 3 fit-out and refurb jobs (Cat A & Cat B) up to £12m taking responsibility for surveying and that the project is running in line with the programme.
- Ability to identify potential problems, report, provide solutions and resolve with P.M. on site.
- Monitor services installation in terms of progress, quality and compliance with drawings and specification.
- Strong Communication skills to work closely with Designers, Surveyors, Project Managers.
- Ability to prioritise across up to 3 sites and focus attention where necessary.
- To have experience in the pre-commission and post-commission process.
- To have experience managing the validation process.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Present MEP progress meetings at regular intervals to report on key issues, progress, information required and outstanding technical submittals.
- To be well presented.
- To be highly driven.