Our Client have an impressive turnover in excess of £80 million. To support their team working on a 6 year framework project for a healthcare site in Surrey they are now looking to recruit an ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
You will be working alongside a team of 4 Managers (Quantity Surveyor, Document Controller, M&E Manager and Project Manager) working in a proactive role to support the commercial function. There is a strong Career Development Programme in place for the successful candidate with the goal being you work closely with the management team for the first 18 months developing your knowledge and then transitioning into the Number 1 Commercial Lead.
The Assistant Surveyor will assist in the following, relative to their experience and personal development
- Preparing trade scope and works
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Collation and issue of subcontract tenders
- Prepare subcontractors appointment and proposal documents
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings.
- Preparing subcontract documentation for signing by both parties in accordance with BH’s Call Off Contract procedure.
- Certifying subcontractor payments
- Assessing variations with subcontractor
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting with Surveyors’ monthly cost reports
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required.